Autumn is upon and that means its soup time! I love making my own soup I get a real sense of achievement and something yummy to eat.
This is a really simple soup to make, its tastes great and fills you up.
- ¼ cup of frozen onion (I hate chopping it)
- 2 Diced Carrots
- 1 stick of celery diced
- 1 cup of red lentils
- Dried mixed herbs
- Litre and a half of stock (I used chicken)
- 2 Bay leaves
- Fry the onion in a little olive oil for a few minutes then add the carrot and celery and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the dried herbs and the lentils and stir.
- Add the stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Blend to your liking.
I added a little black pepper to my bowl.
It’s keeps in the fridge for a few days and freezes well.
Have you got any good soup recipes?